CIB has established the SME Banking activity to become the reliable business partner of SMEs in Egypt, nurturing and meeting the unique needs of Small and Medium size Enterprises (SMEs).
The department works as a one-stop financial centre responding to the funding and business growth needs of SMEs in Egypt, with the aim of having long-term relationships with its customers.
The Bank offers integrated financial and advisory services to contribute to the growth of a more robust entrepreneurial community in Egypt. CIB operates its SME activity through two central units; one is located at its Head Office in Giza and the other in Alexandria at CIB-Sultan Hussein Branch.
CIB Definition of SMEs
- A Small Size Enterprise is a company maintaining annual sales figure above EGP 1M up to EGP 12M.
- A Medium Size Enterprise is a company maintaining annual sales figure above EGP 12M and up to EGP 80M.
What does CIB offer to SMEs?
CIB offers highly qualified financial advice to SMEs in addition to a variety of products range , including but not limited to:
- Medium term financing, up to five years to finance fixed assets (equipment, building, etc.)
- Short term financing (360 days max.) to finance working investment needs
- Contract financing
- Guarantees (bid, performance, and advance payment) to enable the company to participate in tenders and/or obtain its raw material
- Sight/ Time Letters of Credit, to cover the importation of machines and/or raw material
- A variety of liability (deposits) products
Such products are offered through a dedicated team of certified SME officers who are highly specialized in providing advice and assistance in every aspect of entrepreneurial business requirements.